On a holiday full of material giving sometimes the simplicity of a handmade card is overlooked. While many classrooms across the nation are celebrating with candy and games, many of our heroes are receiving treatment in the hospital or are unable to attend these special parties. Help us send them a special Valentine envelop this year, to brighten their days and remind them that they are loved!
In 2012 we collected a total of 3,287 cards that were collected across 42 states! Can we collect even more and send even more love to these special children? Helps us bring hope and healing this Valentines day!
Sending a valentine card to a hero is easy:
1. Gather your materials! You will need paper or cards, markers, colored pencils, stickers, foam shapes, glitter, etc!
2. Design your cards! Be sure to include some hopefully messages such as “Thinking of you” or “Don’t give up!” Let the recipient know you truly care!
3. Sign your name! (and kids include your age!) It’s fun for your recipient to know a little bit about you!
4. Want to connect with your hero? With your parents permission include your families email address or home address inside your card! That way your hero can connect with you directly!
5. Send your card to us by February 9th to ensure your card gets to one of our heroes by the 14th!
6. See your state get a heart! We hope to get cards from all across the USA from each and every state! Help us reach our goal!
Get together with your roommate, girl scout group, classroom, youth group, family, etc and get creative!
Download and print the original flyer:
Questions or photos of your group working can be sent to email@example.com!